Brexit - key information for residents and businesses
The United Kingdom is due to leave the European Union on 31 October 2019.
The specific type of exit has not been decided yet and we do not know whether there will be a withdrawal agreement or a no-deal exit.
We are working with partners across public services to make sure our services run as smoothly as possible with minimal disruption during this period of uncertainty.
Guidance and advice
- Preparing for Brexit
- Healthcare for UK residents visiting the EU, EEA and Switzerland in the event of a no-deal Brexit
Guidance for EU citizens in the UK
- Guidance for EU citizens in the UK
- Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme - settled and pre-settled status
Advice for businesses
- Preparing your business for Brexit
- EU Settlement Scheme: employer toolkit
- What does your business do?
- Surrey Chambers of Commerce - Brexit Business checklist
Advice for schools and colleges
- Preparations for further education and apprenticeship providers
- Preparations for higher education institutions
- Preparations for schools
Visiting Europe after Brexit
If you trade with the EU, this webinar may be of interest to you. The government has said that the UK will be leaving the EU. When the UK leaves there will be immediate changes to the way UK businesses trade with the EU that may impact your business.
Getting ready for Brexit
This live webinar provides an overview for UK businesses involved in the movement of goods between the EU and the UK. Find out what you need to know to keep importing and exporting, including:
- why it's important to apply for an Economic Operator Registration and Identification number (EORI)
- what Transitional Simplified Procedures are
- how to prepare to make customs declarations
- what Entry Summary Declarations are
- how to pay the correct Customs Duty and VAT
You'll have the opportunity to ask questions during the webinar using the on-screen text box.
We may not be able to answer all the questions raised during the webinar. We will provide useful links to regularly updated information at the end.
Start preparing - join now