- Spelthorne Borough Council latest updates
- Surrey County Council Covid updates and resources incl. translations
- Surrey’s data Dashboard is published each Fri – as short or full version
- National Data on testing, cases, vaccine, deaths, etc is updated daily
- In the UK to 11 April 4,373,343 people have tested positive, with 127,100 deaths within 28 days of a positive test
- 32,190,576 1st vaccine doses and 7,656,205 2nd vaccine doses given
- R number 0.8-1.0, daily infection growth rate range of -4% to 0% (9 April)
To find out the rates in your local area, view this interactive map
• There will be a Mobile Testing Unit at Green Street Car Park, Sunbury Park on 20-23 April, 29 April-2 May, 20-23 May, 29-31 May.
There will also be a Mobile Testing Unit at Laleham Riverside on 12-15 May. No vehicle access will be available
• Symptom free testing available at Thameside Youth Centre Staines, Broadway Pharmacy Staines, Hive Pharmacy Staines, and
Trio Pharmacy Shepperton. Book online at: scc.covid19testing.org.uk/
• A walk-through coronavirus testing facility is open for those with symptoms to book appointments at Kingston Road Car Park
(TW18 4LN) in Spelthorne. Book a test at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119
• Boots Pharmacy in Staines (Two Rivers retail park) and Stanwell Tesco pharmacy available for local people to access their Covid-19 vaccination.
• New Business ‘RE-START’ Grant now available. Details here www.spelthorne.gov.uk/LRSGO Government announced the introduction
of grant support for non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym businesses in England.
This support will take the form of a one-off grant funding scheme in Financial Year 2021-2022. Deadline for application is 30 June
Lockdown Roadmap – Staying Safe
Government’s roadmap for easing lockdown has four steps. Step 2 began on 12 April, when non-essential shops and services,
plus outdoor hospitality reopened.
Please respect staff and other customers – be considerate if you have to queue and follow the rules by wearing a face
covering when indoors. Wash or sanitise your hands and wherever possible, stay two metres apart.
Driving lessons resumed on 12 April – tests from 22 April. Wear a face covering, sanitise and keep a window open.
You can take part in outdoor sports formally organised by a business, charity or public body, with any number of people.
When not actively taking part, follow social contact rules. Spectators are generally not allowed at events – please follow
the guidance of the event organisers/ authorities.
People aged 45+ can now have a Covid vaccination – book via NHS website
- Surrey Heartlands FAQs, updates + vaccination helpline (not booking service):
0300 561 2500 9am-4pm, Mon-Fri/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Every test helps stop the spread
Everyone in England without symptoms can now take a free rapid COVID-19 test twice a week.
People aged 16+ can get a free LFD test at a Surrey community testing site or participating pharmacy
You can either:
* Call 020 8865 1952 (Mon-Fri 08.30, Sat-Sun 09:00-17:00, local charges apply)
* Collect a test kit for home use You will receive your result by text or email from NHS Test & Trace, usually within 30 minutes. Some people may be able to access a test via their place of work or study.
Alternatively, you can order a test online from the national programme for home delivery.
For a guide on how to do a rapid LFD at home, a short video is available:
Surrey County Council’s testing website is updated regularly
The religious guidance from Islamic scholars and the British Islamic Medical Association stresses that having the vaccine during Ramadan does not invalidate the fast. Please help help spread this key message!
There are plenty of resources available to share, such as Myths Answered in different languages, including Arabic, Kurdish, Urdu and Romanian.
Launch of Recovery Loan Scheme
Yesterday Government launched a new loan scheme to provide support to protect businesses and jobs. Businesses such as cafes, restaurants, hairdressers and gyms can now access loans from £25,000 to £10 million, with an 80% government guarantee and interest rate cap. You can find full details HERE
Sport England’s Return to Play Grant Scheme
There is an opportunity for local sports clubs and groups to bid for funding from Sport England.
This is for groups and organisations working with:
• Ethnic minority communities
• Those with lower incomes or disproportionately affected financially by the pandemic
• People with disabilities
• People with long-term health conditions
• People whose care responsibilities have increased since the pandemic began
The Community Asset fund closes to new bids on Friday 30 April – click HERE for details of how to apply
Mental health support and services in Surrey
If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health, support is available in Surrey.
The First Steps guide is for anyone aged 18+ who wants to start improving mental wellbeing for themselves, friends or family members. It also has some information relevant for younger people.
• Advice, information, and self-help techniques we can all use to help support our emotional wellbeing
• Brief information on common emotional and mental health issues
• Details of local and national organisations that provide support
The guide is available online at: First Steps: Advice and Support Guide
To request printed copies please email email@example.com
Answer these five interactive questions to get top tips and advice for your mental wellbeing